Over the course of the last year the Urban Memory Project partnered with the Gowanus Canal Conservancy to develop a robust STEM middle school curriculum focused on the Gowanus Canal Superfund site in Brooklyn.
The curriculum package features:
- Pre, post and field lessons, background text, maps and handouts
- Integrated Science, ELA and Social Studies content
- Alignment with Common Core Standards and Next Generation Science Standards
- Adaptability for grades 5-12
- The use of the design process for project-based learning
The STEM Gowanus curriculum is available to educators to download for free. To get your link to download the materials, click here to fill out Gowanus Conservancy’s short survey, (and agree to a follow-up survey as well). To learn more about the Gowanus Conservancy’s education efforts, click here.
No comments yet.